Parking terms and conditions
NEC’s Car Parking Terms & Conditions
- Please read these terms and conditions carefully. These are terms and conditions upon which we will provide you with Car Parking Services (as defined in clause 2 below). They tell you who we are, how we will provide the Car Parking Services to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms and conditions, please contact us to discuss.
- These terms and conditions apply to all Bookings.
- “NEC”, “we”, “us” and “our” shall be a reference to The National Exhibition Centre Limited (Company number 949395) which is incorporated in England. The registered office is at the National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham B40 1NT. VAT number is 670311663.
- “you” and “your” means a person or company who has entered into a contract with us for the parking of a vehicle at a Car Park;
- “Booking” means your booking for Car Parking Services at a Car Park made:
- via https://parking.thenec.co.uk (“Site”); or
- by telephone through our Booking line on 0844 338 8338 (option 2).
- “Booking Confirmation” means a confirmation of your Booking sent to you via email or post (at your option) pursuant to clause 3.1;
- “Booking Period” means the times and dates specified in your Booking Confirmation;
- “Car Park” means any parking facility owned, managed, operated by us;
- “Car Parking Services” means either Exhibitor Parking, Express Parking, or Public Parking;
- “Data Protection Laws” means any applicable laws relating to the processing, privacy and use of personal data including the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679).
- Car Parking
- When you place a Booking you will be given a Booking Confirmation, subject to availability;
- The Booking you make is valid only for the dates, times and Car Park specified in the Booking Confirmation. Parking outside of the Booking Period will be charged at the then valid parking rate. You must pay any parking charges for parking outside the Booking Period before you leave the Car Park.
- The terms and conditions for use of the Car Parking Services are as follows:
- When you have parked your vehicle, it is your responsibility to
- lock your vehicle securely;
- fully close all windows of your vehicle;
- apply your handbrake properly;
- engage any steering lock or security device you have (ensuring that they are working and have been activated);
- ensure that your possessions are placed in a locked boot and are not on display.
NEC cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever occurring to your vehicle or possessions within it resulting from your failure to comply with these terms and conditions. NEC and its subcontractors do not accept any valuables or other articles for safe custody.
- There is a maximum speed limit in the Car Parks of 10 M.P.H. You must comply with this and drive carefully and responsibly in the Car Park. You must also ensure that any children and animals are properly supervised and are at all times accompanied when they are using the Car Park. Please take care to be aware of all vehicles in motion within the Car Park.
- You must comply with all directional signage and other instructions when in the Car Park.
- Should you damage another vehicle in the Car Park, you must report the matter immediately to us by contacting 0121 767 2393 and give details of registration and insurance.
- While NEC uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Car Parks are secure, NEC does not guarantee that they are a secure environment.
- In using the Car Park, you agree to abide by any additional terms of such use that may be displayed in or around the Car Park. These may include, but are not limited to, terms regarding permissions to be in the Car Park and penalties for parking in prohibited places.
- Overnight parking is prohibited. If you fail to collect your vehicle more than 5 days after the date which you have specified for exit in the Booking then, absent a written notification to us specifying:
- the vehicle registration number;
- its approximate location within the Car Park; and
- the reason for the delay in collection plus details of the expected (revised) collection date,
we will deem the vehicle to have been abandoned. In such circumstances, providing we serve not less than 30 days’ notice in writing via recorded delivery to the address provided at the time of Booking, we shall be entitled to remove and sell the vehicle and deduct from the proceeds both our reasonable handling expenses and any unpaid sums for days in which the car has been in the Car Park calculated at the drive up tariff. We will then remit the balance to the credit card of the person who has made the Booking (unless we are notified to do otherwise in writing). Our rights of disposal are in addition to any of our rights to dispose of unclaimed vehicles under the Torts (Interference with Goods) Act 1977.
- We reserve the right to move any vehicle within or outside the Car Park to the extent that we deem necessary to carry out the efficient management of the Car Park.
- If your vehicle is parked in a manner which (in our reasonable opinion) is unsafe, is outside of a designated parking space, impedes the free flow of traffic in and around the Car Park or is in breach of any restriction marked on signage or on the ground in the Car Park (or otherwise brought to your attention), we may:
- cause your vehicle to be removed without notice, and you will be responsible for the costs of such removal and recovery; and/or
- issue a parking charge notice to you for such amount as may be published at the Car Park from time to time in respect of the relevant breach and you will be liable to pay such parking charge notices.
- Additional terms and conditions applicable to Exhibitor Parking & Express Parking only
- Only exhibitors to the relevant event are entitled to book Exhibitor Parking. Please have your exhibitor pass available on arrival as you may be refused entry if you cannot identify yourself as an exhibitor.
- When you enter the Car Park, it is imperative that, at the gate, you follow the instructions you have been issued with (via email). Please be aware that some Car Parks use a number plate recognition service and as such if your number plate is not recognised or is not consistent with the number plate for which you have booked, you may not be allowed in.
- Parking is restricted to cars and people carriers (up to 9 seats). If you arrive in any other type of vehicle you will be refused entry.
Additional terms and conditions applicable to Premium VIP Parking only
- By leaving your vehicle with us, you warrant that (at all times while in our custody) your vehicle is roadworthy, has a valid MOT, that its vehicle tax is current and paid and is properly insured so as to comply with all relevant legislation in the UK.
- If you are not happy with the service you receive, you should raise this with the valet operator before leaving our site.
- If you identify an issue after the vehicle has left our care, you should email [email protected] providing supporting information. The issue will then be investigated and the you will be updated with the outcomes and proposed resolution.
- Should our valet operator be unable to attend site, be late or unable to provide a confirmed booking, they will make contact with you to try and arrange a valet at your home or work address for no addition charge. If this is not convenient, you shall be entitled to a refund in respect of the valet services you booked.
- In addition to the exclusions at clause 5.3, we do not accept liability for:
- any and all pre-existing damage, marks or defects on your vehicle (including where such damage, marks or defects were discovered and/or revealed as part of the cleaning process); and/or
- damage caused as part of the cleaning process due to old or non-original paintwork or the fact that your vehicle is over 3 years old (as older vehicles may have weaker materials and plastics); and/or
- any damage which could have occurred to the vehicle after leaving our care.
4. Cancellation & Changing Bookings
- Should you wish to amend your Booking or part of it you may do so via our Site. Please click on the “manage my Booking” section. You may also telephone us on the Booking Line. Please note that you may only amend your Booking to a different date within the same show open period.
- Changes to registration numbers for your Booking must be made no later than 24 hours before the start time of your parking.
- Subject to clause 4.4 below, we do not provide any refunds for cancellation of Bookings.
- We reserve the right to cancel your Booking for any reason, including circumstances where the event which you were due to attend at the NEC is cancelled. If we cancel your Booking, we will email you to confirm and refund the amount we have received from you for the Booking to the card which the payment was made.
- If the event which you are due to attend at the NEC is rescheduled, we will amend your Booking accordingly. If you are unable to attend the re-scheduled date, you should contact us by email prior to the re-scheduled date and we will issue a refund for the amount we received from you for the Booking to the card which the payment was made.
- No refunds will be made other than as expressly provided for in these terms and conditions.
- Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Our Liabilities
- NEC will act with reasonable skill and care when providing services to you.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions limits NECs liability in the case of death or personal injury caused by the NECs negligence, or in the case of fraud.
- NEC does not accept liability for:
- damage to your vehicle (whether caused accidentally or by way of vandalism);
- theft of, or from, your vehicle,
- while the vehicle is in the Car Park, unless such damage or theft is caused by the negligence of NEC or its agents or employees, and then only to the extent that NEC’s negligence has caused or contributed to the relevant damage or theft.
THE FOLLOWING CLAUSE WILL ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE CONTRACTING AS A CONSUMER
- If we fail to comply with these terms we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
THE FOLLOWING CLAUSES WILL ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE CONTRACTING AS A BUSINESS
- Subject to clause 5.2, NECs liability to you for the provision of Car Parking shall be limited to an aggregate of £5,000.
- NEC does not accept liability for:
- any indirect or consequential loss; or
- any loss of profit, loss of enjoyment, loss of revenue, loss of data, or loss of earnings.
- DATA PROTECTION
We will store, process and use your personal data in accordance with the requirements of applicable
Data Protection Laws. For further details on how we collect and use your information, please review our
- Any contract made between you and us via the Site or Booking Line is governed by English Law. However, if you are a consumer, you may have rights to bring court proceedings in the courts of the country in which you are domiciled. Otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law, you and we shall bring all court proceedings in the English courts.
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions, but once you have made a Booking the terms and conditions which apply are those which were on the Site at the time of Booking. However please do not assume that the terms and conditions which applied on one occasion when you booked a service from us will continue to apply when you next book. We recommend that you always read these terms and conditions before Booking to satisfy yourself that you accept them.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- These terms and conditions are between you and us. No other personal shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms and conditions to another organisation. We will contact you to let you know if we plan to do this. If you are unhappy with the transfer you may contact us to end the contract and we will refund you any payments you have made in advance of the Car Parking Services being provided.
Last updated: September 2019