Events for GT15 - AEO to NEC
Be part of a unique events industry cycling event!
Are you a keen cyclist? Do you want to represent your company in a unique events industry fundraising initiative?
If so, this is the event for you! Apply now to join Geoff Thomas, Ian Taylor (NEC), Chris Preston (Freeman) and Trevor Foley (tfconnect) as they lead a team of 21 event industry cyclists on an exciting 90 mile ride from the AEO to the NEC on Thursday 14th May 2020.
This fundraising ride is being held in support of GT15, an event created by former footballer and cancer survivor Geoff Thomas. On 26th June 2020 Geoff will lead a team of 21 amateur cyclists to begin one of sport's toughest challenges, the Tour de France, one day ahead of the professional peloton. The NEC's Ian Taylor is part of the GT15 team and together they are aiming to raise an impressive £1 million for Cure Leukaemia!
About AEO to NEC 2020
So, we want you to get involved and join Geoff, Ian and the team as they ride AEO to NEC on 14th May 2020 to help raise funds towards their £1 million total. By donating and representing your company on this ride, you will not only be raising money that makes a real difference to people’s lives, but also spending a fun day on the bike with industry peers and friends. With Mash Media as our official media partner, there will also be great opportunities to be part of the media coverage of this amazing fundraiser.
This will be a ride for intermediate to experienced cyclists, riding on quiet roads in groups of up to 12 riders. Each group will have a designated lead rider, who is experienced in leading group rides and the groups will stay together, riding at a comfortable pace to ensure no rider will be dropped.
- The ride will start from the AEO offices in Berkhamsted and finish at the NEC, Birmingham
- Only 1 rider per company, with a maximum of 21 riders in total so places are limited
- There will be a pre-ride briefing and briefing pack provided before the event
- All riders will receive an exclusive GT15 cycling jersey, signed by Geoff Thomas
- There will be stops for food and refreshments along the way from our award-winning caterers, Amadeus
- Freeman, the official logistics partner of Events for GT15 will provide logistics support
- Media opportunities for your company and coverage through Mash Media
- A special welcome from media and supporters as you arrive at the NEC campus
- Shower facilities at the NEC upon arrival
- An after-ride party so you can refuel with food and drink and celebrate your achievement
- Transport for your bike back to the AEO will be provided by Freeman
- Whether you decide to stay or go home following the party, a hotel room or train will be provided
To confirm your place at this event, apply below and donate the £1,000 per rider contribution to secure your place.
All company donations per rider can be made at the Just Giving page, as soon as the donation is received - your spot will be confirmed.
If you don't want to ride yourself but would love to be involved and show your support for this exclusive event, please donate what you can on the official Just Giving page to help raise money for Cure Leukaemia.Donate today
Apply now to represent your company and become one of the 21 industry cyclists riding from AEO to the NEC on 14th May 2020. Complete the form to confirm your space or to note your interest in this event.Secure your place