Information for Disabled Visitors
Find information on access and parking, toilets, hearing assistance, medical facilities, mobility equipment hire and dedicated ticket lines.
If you have any queries or need assistance during your visit, please contact any member of staff who will be happy to help.
We hope you enjoy your visit.
For further information on accessibility to The NEC Piazza (Halls 1 - 5) and The NEC Atrium (Halls 6 - 20) please click on the following link.
Access & Parking
If travelling by train disembark at Birmingham International Railway Station, access to The NEC and The NEC Arena is via the bridge-link.
Approximate distance from the International Rail Station to:
- NEC Piazza Entrance (Hall 1- 5) 350 metres
- NEC Atrium Entrance 3 (Halls 6-20) 650 metres
- Hall 17 1000 metres
- LG Arena 600 metres
- Length of Bridge link 180 metres (see Piazza/Atrium map)
- Length of Skywalk 376 metres (see Atrium map)
All levels of The NEC and the LG Arena are accessible to wheelchair users, via lifts. The Piazza and Atrium main entrances have automatic doors.
Disabled parking at the NEC has moved from being free of charge to costing £10, bringing it in line with the majority of other venues. However, we have also improved the service for our visitors in many ways:
- The parking area is fully signposted and close to the venue.
- We have recently introduced shelters and dedicated help points in the disabled car parks for those visitors who require assistance which ring through to the venue. From here, a porter service is provided to take you to the Bartrams mobility collection point.
- Free wheelchairs for blue badge holders will be available (booking in advance is advised). Booking information can be found here.
- Wheelchairs and mobility scooters will also be available in the venue at a charge to visitors requesting them. As with all venues, the number of wheelchairs is limited so, we would ask people with their own wheelchairs to please bring them
- A Parking Attendant is also on hand to help out offer a more personal service feel.
Assistance dogs are welcome at our venues, but we do not recommend you bring Assistance Dogs to events where noise levels are high.
Induction loop audio systems are fitted in the following locations:
- All Piazza cloakrooms and ticket booths
- Selected cloakrooms and ticket booths in the Atrium
- Concourse Suites 1 and 2
- Gallery Seminar Rooms 1, 2 and 3
Please contact 0121 780 4141 to be directed to the appropriate team, if you require assistance regarding a hearing loop.
Dedicated Telephone Ticket Line (Ticket Factory)
All disabled visitors, attending concerts are advised to call our Dedicated Ticket Line for disabled visitors on 0844 581 0700 when booking tickets. Please inform us at the time of booking if you need a wheelchair space or have any special requirements, so that we can arrange for everything to be ready on your arrival.
We will also help you find the most convenient seating for visitors with visual impairment.
Please note that all ticket sales are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
First aid provision is available via NEC Security staff, please contact a member of staff for assistance. Alternatively Security offices are located in between Halls 1 and 2 on the Piazza and next to Hall 6 on the Atrium.
For Medical emergencies please call 0121 767 2222 or 2222 from an internal phone.
Changing Places Unit
A Changing Places toilet is available in the Hall 20 Atrium area. It provides more space for up to 2 carers - and extra features to meet additional needs, including height adjustable adult-sized changing benches and a hoist system. For more details visit www.changing-places.org.
Mobility Equipment Hire Service
For exhibitions at The NEC, our service partner, Bartram’s operate a mobility equipment hire service. We strongly advise visitors to pre book equipment to avoid disappointment. Bartram’s operate a telephone booking line Monday to Friday 0900hrs-1700hrs on 01353 778756. Visitor can also book via Bartram’s website http://www.bartrams.net. For any visitors who have not pre booked equipment and arrive on the day, any remaining stock will be issued on a first- come, first-served basis. Manual wheelchairs are free of charge to blue badge holders, £5 per day to other visitors. Electric scooters are £15 per day for all visitors. This is a non-refundable scheme. As Bartram’s location varies from show to show, please check collection point when making a booking.
Prayer Room/ Quiet Room
The prayer/quiet room, located between Subway and Hall 2 in The Piazza is a place where visitors can go to for quiet time or reflection. Opening times are between 0830-2100 every day. Please contact NEC Group Chaplain Stephen Willey direct on 0121 767 2911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Regarding the locations of accessible toilets in the venue, please see links at the top the page. In The NEC exhibition halls there are Male and Female wheelchair accessible toilets.
Help Us Improve Our Service
An in-house committee meets regularly to address services for disabled visitors, and regular audits of our building are undertaken in respect of access.
If you have any suggestions or comments to make, please advise a member of staff. Alternatively, write to:
Visitor Liaison Manager
Visitor Experience Department
Birmingham B40 1NT